Forrest D. (Don) Wright
President, Standards Strategies, LLC
Mr. Wright is the President of Standards Strategies, LLC, an Information and Communication Technology standardization consulting firm offering strategic counsel on international standardization management. Previously, he was the Director of Worldwide Standards for Lexmark International, a leading developer of printing technology and products. He has 35+ years of experience in standards, engineering, software development and marketing. Since graduating from the University of Louisville with a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Tau Beta Pi, Eta Kappa Nu), Mr. Wright worked on the development and marketing of office printing products for IBM (12 years) and Lexmark (21 years).
In addition to the ISTO, Mr. Wright is active in the IEEE Standards Association, where he is serving or has served as:
- 2016 IEEE Standards Association President-Elect,
- Chair of the IEEE-SA Standards Board,
- Member of the IEEE-SA Board of Governors,
- Standards Association Treasurer,
- Chair of the Standards Board Patent Committee (multiple terms),
- 2015 Computer Society Vice President for Standards Activities,
- Chair of the IEEE Computer Society Standards Activity Board,
- Member of the Computer Society Board of Governors and the Executive Committee,
- Working Group Chair for multiple standards working groups,
- Chair of the IEEE Computer Society Microprocessor Standards Committee.
Mr. Wright has extensive leadership roles in a number of other ANSI-accredited standards developing organizations as well as in various consortia and fora.Mr. Wright has also served as a member of the ANSI Board of Directors from 2008-2013. Mr. Wright currently sits on the ANSI International Policy Committee, the
ANSI National Policy Committee, the ANSI/ISO Council, the ANSI/ISO Forum and the ANSI Intellectual Property Rights Policy Committee.
Additionally, he previously served as:
- Chairman of the Executive Board of the InterNational Committee on Information Technology Standards (INCITS),
- Head of the US Delegation to JTC 1,
- An author of a number of IETF RFCs related to printing,
- A founder and Chair of the Printer Working Group (IEEE-ISTO) and Chair of a number of its working groups.